Wednesday, March 10, 2010

So Many Socks, So Little Time

So, if you read my last post you know I have 2 sock projects half done. Teenie weenie baby socks and big girl socks for me.

Of course I cast on for another pair of socks last week. The Corded Rib Pattern from Sensational Knitted Socks in a really pretty blue Happy Feet sock yarn for my mom's birthday:

Now a keen observer will think "boy those look an awful lot like the Waterfall Rib socks you are already working on." That casual observer would be right.

Sensational Knitted Socks is a great resource and they have a variety of patterns in various stitch #s. The corded rib is a 4 stitch pattern and the waterfall rib is a very similar style in 6 stitches. They are so close that I cannot go from one project to the other for fear of confusing the pattern repeat.

So for now I will focus on the corded rib as they are time-sensitive and the baby sock which is a very simple 2x2 rib and tiny. Hope to have these two sock projects done by the end of March.

Also, I have completely revised the baby blanket project, more on that later!

No comments: