Monday, March 29, 2010

A Gift Complete, A Gift Abandoned

I finished the little baby socks to go with my earlier posted hat:


They still need to be washed and blocked, but are complete in plenty of time for the April gift-giving at my last hair dressing appointment before the arrival of the baby.

I hit a major snag (every pun intended) in the Corded Rib socks I was making for my mother's birthday. What I thought was an extra YO resulting in a bigger hole than normal was actually a dropped stitch (that I somehow made up in the heel construction). When I poked at it to investigate it ran all the way down the leg and left me so distraught I frogged the whole thing. No birthday socks for Mom. It is OK really as I just made her a pair for Christmas.

Taking advice from experienced knitters I decided to start a new exciting project to get me out of my rut. Last night I cast on for my first color work project! The Ivy Socks from A Cuff Above jumped out at me from a Knit Picks catalog and I immediately ordered the book and the suggested Knit Picks sock yarn (which is fantastic to work with).

Between finishing the baby gift and this exciting new project I hope to jump start my knitting again!

No comments: