Wednesday, December 2, 2009

I Can't Knit and Blog...

... Obviously. It has been nearly a month since I blogged because in every spare moment of time (and there are nary few this time of year) I am knitting.

I still only have 1 item completed for Christmas, but I am close to finishing my mom's socks (pictures soon). Last night I did the gusset decrease on sock #2 and now it is just the foot and toe (it is simple stockinette) so I should be able to finish them this week.

I have enough of Mom's scarf done to see the light at the end of the tunnel there as well.

And last night I cast on for another scarf, very simple 5X5 rib for my friend Karin.

With so many festive plans coming up though the holiday knitting season is dwindling. I did decide that in future years, socks are birthday gifts that can be focused on during non-holiday times, that should make it less stressful come Christmas.

Hope everyone is enjoying the holiday season!

2 comments:

3goodrats said...

I agree - socks should stick to birthdays!

Amy said...

That birthday thing is a good idea...my birthday is in April...don't forget me! hahahaha I should really learn socks, I would probably love handmade custom fitted socks. Hmmm..maybe next year.