Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas!

So Christmas was a lovely peaceful time for all, despite a frantic start to the week that did not bode well.

We had a family dinner early in the week with my brother and his family to exchange gifts before the hustle of a houseful of guests on Christmas Eve. Christmas Day was just my parents and I and it was the loveliest day I can remember in a long time.

Ryan loved his socks! And, after receiving them on Monday, wore them on Christmas Eve:


They fit perfectly and he really loves them. They were such a delight to make I will certainly make him another pair next year :)

Mom loved her purple socks and the gorgeously-soft scarf I made for her:

This was my first attempt at fringe and, as you can see, it was very uneven. In an attempt to even it out it wound up shorter than I would have liked, but it still looked pretty.

I am excited to cast on for 2 new projects for myself this week (a scarf and a pair of socks using the gorgeous Madelinetosh yarn I got for my birthday in July), after finishing up one more gift to be gifted on NYE.

Hope everyone had a magical Christmas!

No comments: