Thursday, January 27, 2011

Finished Project: Hiking Socks


Around November my brother, ever the sentimentalist, was going on and on about how much he loves the socks I made him last Christmas. He said he would really love a pair of red socks, if I had the time. I assured him I did not have the time to complete them for Christmas, but his birthday at the end of January was a definite possibility.

It is winter and he wears big hulking boots to work, so I decided to make the tall version of the Hiking Socks in The Knitting Man(ual) by Kristin Spurkland. A friend had made them recently and they were a little different than the Hunter Socks I had made my brother before.

I used Lamb's Pride Superwash, as I always do for thick socks, it is the nicest softest most delightful yarn.

The birthday is Sunday and the socks are drying on the blockers as we speak. They seem huge, but he needs them to go up over his boots and if they are too big he could layer them over other socks for extra warmth. Did I mention how wintry it is here?

No comments: