Tuesday, January 18, 2011

New Project: The BFF Socks

So my friend Three Good Rats gave me a lovely holiday gift, the new self-published sock book by designer Cookie A. It is called knit.sock.love and you should buy it for the photos even if you don't knit socks or you know, knit at all. It is a gorgeous book and I find myself just flipping through it for the aesthetics.

Over the weekend I sat down with it and decided on the first pair I want to make out of the book and settled on The BFF Socks. Many of the patterns in the book are quite intricate and involve serious charting, this one has some charting, but it is a much simpler repeat and since I am also knitting my first sweater, I thought it best to err on the side of caution.

I am using Dream in Color Smooshy sock yarn in a beautiful magenta color that I bought myself as a treat in the fall at Windsor Button's Columbus Day Sale. I have a feeling I am going to love these socks!

No comments: