Thursday, February 10, 2011

In Search of a Stretchier Bind Off

A lack of blogging about knitting does not equal a lack of knitting in this case. I have been knitting away on my two projects for me. I am working on sleeve #2 of my Cozy V Neck Pullover with the goal of finishing this weekend so I can wash, block and wear the sweater to New Hampshire over President's Day Weekend!

I love my sweater so far, but I am not totally in love with how tight the bind of is on the body. I have not bound off sleeve #1, leaving it on scrap yarn as I search for a stretchier bind off. Do you have a stretchy bind off that you like? Please send it my way, thanks!

3 comments:

3goodrats said...

What did you use for a bind-off? I like the one I used, but of course it may come out differently for you: http://slipslipknit.com/?page_id=92

Annmarie said...

I did a traditional bind off where you work 2 stitches and pass one over and off the needle.

This one seems a little confusing, but I will try it on the sleeves and if it is much better I might undo the bind off on the body (yikes!) and redo it.

3goodrats said...

It may make more sense when you're actually doing it. Another option is the sewn bind off: http://www.knittingdaily.com/blogs/howto/archive/2008/05/15/sewn-bind-off.aspx