Friday, June 11, 2010

Picking Up Stitches

So I finished the cabled waist band on the dress for my niece and seamed it together. I then had to pick up 132 stitches evenly in the round to start the bodice. It took me 5 tries, but here is the result:


It looks a little wonky on the circulars, but I am pleased with it so far.

When it came time to pick up the stitches I divided the waistband into 8 segments so I only had to pick up 16 or 17 stitches at a time, even still it took me 5 tries before I felt I had them evenly spaced. I will have to do it again when I get to the skirt!

And, because it deserves a closer look, here is the cool cable:

Hopefully I have some momentum going now that it is starting to resemble a garment!

3 comments:

Amy said...

It looks amazing!

Annmarie said...

Thank you! I will bring it Monday so you can see it in person :)

ingrid said...

Hooray! You are plowing through projects. It's beautiful and I can't wait to see it grow.