Monday, June 21, 2010

Ivy Sock #2

In the wake of finishing the Waterfall Rib socks I cast on for Ivy Sock #2. Completing this pair will allow me to cross off my color work goal on my 2010 knitting goals list.


When I worked the color work band on this sock I did not do it the same way I did sock #1. On sock #1 I carried the MC for the 2 rows where only the CC was knit and it resulted in a very tight feel. I wound up snipping and weaving in the MC after the sock was finished and it looks messier on the inside than I would like.

So this time I dropped the MC for those rows where only the CC was knit and it feels and looks great! Now that the color work is done I hope this sock will fly by and I can block it out and see the results of my color work experiment.

Also, nearly done with the top of the Little Girl Dress for Charly!

3 comments:

ingrid said...

I remember these! I'd love to sneak a peek inside your socks for comparison. ;)

Annmarie said...

Absolutely. Tonight I am bringing the dress with me, but as soon as they are finished you can compare the socks!

3goodrats said...

Those are so nice!