Tuesday, June 8, 2010

It Is Good to Have Goals

I started 2010 with some knitting goals and I have done a good job of achieving those goals. Magic Loop and Color Work are now things with which I am comfortable. I have finished my first pair of Magic Loop socks:

This pattern is the Waterfall Rib from Sensational Knitted Socks. It is a 6 stitch 6 round pattern repeat that was fun and interesting to work on all the way through. You can see some of the resulting detail here:


The combination of YOs and K2TG creates a pretty lattice work. The beautiful yarn is Madelinetosh Sock and was a gift from Three Good Rats for my birthday last year. Since my birthday is now about 6 weeks away I am happy to have completed this project before the anniversary of receiving the yarn.

I am making good progress on the waist band for the Little Girl Dress, once the intricate cable is done I hope the dress will start to grow rapidly. I am also going to cast on for Ivy Sock #2 and try to complete my first pair of Color Work socks soon!

1 comment:

3goodrats said...

Your socks are beautiful! You picked an excellent pattern for that yarn.