Thursday, September 3, 2009

Stupid Lace Scarf that Hates Me

Pretty, yes? It is very pretty and it is very nice yarn and I bought said yarn and got the demonic pattern on a very nice rainy day in Portland, ME with knitting friends... BUT... I have frogged this scarf 4 times due to unexplained phenomena that would have Mulder and Scully scratching their heads.

I am a new knitter and I make lots of mistakes, but I have been proud to learn how to fix many of them. I can unknit and pick up dropped stitches pretty well, but this pattern has had me in a tizzy.

There are yarn overs and pssos and I have been comforted by more experienced knitters that agree that those two things make dropping and adding unwanted stitches very easy.

I am giving this one more try and when I finish it I am going to lobby to have it displayed at the Smithsonian.

1 comment:

Amy said...

OMG! I hate that pattern also...I am doing the same one with lace weight yarn. Correction...it is balled up in a pile with my tears...I can NOT do it!