Friday, February 25, 2011

Yarn is Here!


My yarn arrived yesterday for sweater #2. It is a gorgeous shade of blue that I am already in love with. I did my gauge swatch last night and I love the way the yarn feels, totally different from my last sweater project!

This is a sport weight cotton hoodie (Knit Picks Comfy Sport), which is going to be perfect for late spring/summer on the beach. With that in mind I am challenging myself to finish by Mother's Day, just over 2 months. It is a very intricate pattern (lots of cables) and it is thinner yarn on smaller needles than the first sweater.

I cannot seem to link to the pattern, but here is page from the Knit 'n Style April edition, the sweater is the last one on the bottom right. And that is the color, love it!

Casting on tomorrow....

1 comment:

3goodrats said...

So exciting! There will just have to be a lot of knitting group, knitting brunches, and other organized knitting events between now and then to keep you on track :)