Friday, September 10, 2010

Stocking Stress

So a couple of posts ago you saw the beginning of Madison's stocking with comments about the snowflake motif not working. While I worked out that chart (which I did with help from 3 Good Rats) I started on Charly's stocking which has a different motif.

It was Charly's stocking that I blogged about last week with the short row heel issue. So...


here it is!

It is done, but I have to admit, it might not be the stocking she gets for Christmas. There is something about it I do not like, it is floppy and not the right proportions or something.

I am happy with the color work at the top, the tree motif is cute and I charted the name myself!


I may try a whole new pattern for Madison's or I may try the same pattern on smaller needles to see if it comes out more stocking-like. Until then I am stepping away from the project glad that I started this in August.

No comments: