Sunday, February 14, 2010

Babies, Everywhere! Project Updates

So I spent most of today knitting, which is a wonderful way to spend a Sunday. I have made good progress on the Eyelet and Wavy-Cables Blanket for my assistant's baby:

It is a fun project to work on and I think it looks lovely so far!

Also, I found out Friday my hair dresser is having a baby in May too, so I thought I would make a hat and little socks for her. She is fairly certain the baby is a girl, but not 100%, so I went with green again (just to be safe) and got the Debbie Bliss cashmerino, which is really nice to work with:

This yarn is actually lighter than it looks in this picture (I have terrible lightening in my living room) and the cuff looks so much smaller in person. It works up super fast though, so this should be a fun project with quick satisfaction!

As you can see I am doing the baby socks in magic loop. My adult size socks are coming along quite nicely. I am finishing the gusset decreases and hope to do the foot on the plane to Florida on Wednesday!

2 comments:

3goodrats said...

Your blanket is coming along so nicely!

Annmarie said...

Thanks! I am having fun working on it. It will not be coming on the plane with me on Wednesday though!