Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Eyelet & Wavy-Cables Blanket

My assistant in Michigan is having a baby in May and I decided to make her a blanket. Actually that isn't quite right... I bought the latest Creative Knitting and there was a cool blanket and I thought, who can I make that for? The pattern is sized as a lap/baby blanket, so I thought of Katy's baby.

It is a cool pattern repeat:


that makes a pretty cable and eyelet pattern. It is interesting to knit, but not too hard.

The color is slightly darker than it looks here. The bedding for the "unknown gender" baby is brown, cream and sage green. I am using acrylic yarn so the new mommy can wash and dry the blanket when needed.

I am excited for my first blanket!

4 comments:

3goodrats said...

That looks really nice so far!

But it's giving me flashbacks to a baby blanket I made years ago for a coworker. It was yellow lace and I kept screwing it up over and over again. Finally I learned to put a stitch marker between every single pattern repeat so I could at least identify where I screwed up and fix it right away.

Annmarie said...

I don't want to jinx myself but the pattern is pretty easy to remember!

Also, you pearl in the same place in each 13 stitches on every row, so you can only mess up within a 13 stitch window.

I like how it is coming out. You can see it in person Friday :)

Amy said...

Looks lovely! I love the color...those sage greens are perfect. Can't wait to see it, although I suppose it's not a travelling project, huh?

Annmarie said...

If the weather is good and it fits in my project bag I will bring it on the 22nd!