Sunday, January 10, 2010

Not Knitting

So I have some creative goals for 2010 that do not involve knitting.

One of them is a cross stitch sampler that I bought over the holiday shopping season. It is a 5X7 Santa print, that I really love with gorgeous reds, greens and a swirly blue back ground. It is the most ambitious cross stitch I have ever attempted (ornaments were really my limit before this).

When I bought it in late November, my mother (herself a skilled cross stitcher) commented cautiously: "You don't expect to complete that for THIS Christmas do you?" I assured her I was not nuts and my goal is to have it done before Christmas 2010.

I recently purchased a sketch pad and some pencils and have drown a few boxes so far.

I also crocheted a couple small Christmas gifts for a friend:



The tall item in the back is a knitting needle cozy and the three collapsible baskets nest inside each other. It was a fun project and reminded me that I should keep up my crochet skills too.

Winter is such a great time to relax with a crafty hobby and a cup of tea!

No comments: