Saturday, January 23, 2010

2010 Knitting Goal #1

So last week I cast on for a pair of socks using the beautiful blue Madelinetosh sock yarn I got for my birthday in July. I cast on to DPNs and even though I did a gauge swatch I quickly realized the cuff was going to be way too big. So, I frogged it last night and this morning I took out my book on learning magic loop!

I have wanted to learn to do socks on magic loop and figured "no time like the present!" My stumbling block last year was joining the stitches in the round. I am fairly certain the way I joined my stitches (using a DPN to move the stitches) is not orthadox, but it worked! After a couple of rounds of K1P1 rib I feel like I might have the hang of it...



I cannot tell you how beautiful this yarn is, the colorway is gorgeous, I can't wait to make some progress so I can really see it in all its glory.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Lately...blue has been my color! I am surrounded by blue. I love the brightness of your yarn. Can't wait to see it in person!