Sunday, January 3, 2010

My 2010 Knitting Goals

So, many years ago my friend started referring to New Year's Goals instead of Resolutions and I found the term much more productive and fun. So for the past few years I have written my goals, sealed them in an envelope and put them in the freezer to be unearthed the following New Year's.

Last year one of my major goals was to learn how to knit and I am happy to report I achieved that early in 2009 and have enjoyed my new found skill immensely.

One of the things I love about knitting is that there is still much to learn, so I offer up my 2010 Knitting Goals:

1. Magic Loop: I bought the extra long circulars and a book in 2009, but was not able to master this technique. I did learn how to do socks on DPNs and am happy with the 4 pairs of socks I completed in 2009, but I think Magic Loop will make this compact art even more compact and resolve some of my issues with laddering.

2. Color Work: Aside from striping I have not done any color work yet. I would love to work on charts and 2 or 3 colors to create something really unique and beautiful. Which leads to #3.

3. Christmas Stockings for my nieces: I would really like to make Christmas stockings for Charly and Maddie complete with their names at the top. I still have the stocking my grandmother made me and it is one of my most treasured possessions. I know my nieces would love their own special stocking!

I also have some non-knitting crafting and artistic goals for 2010, including a cross stitch that I started yesterday and a hankering to take a shot at drawing... stay tuned!

1 comment:

3goodrats said...

Oh, fun! I should think more about goals too, and maybe post some. In fact, I should check to see if I had goals last year because I don't even remember...