Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The Gift of Homemade

Over the weekend I gave a few homemade gifts, including the stockings to my nieces. My older niece Charly was completely in awe of her new stocking "I can't believe you made me a stocking Auntie!" it was just awesome.

Madison, at 2 1/2, just liked the thrill of more tiny presents inside. She reached her tiny arm down to the toe, sticking her tongue out with intense concentration, and recovered the last few little gifts.

I don't expect the girls to understand the value of these stockings now, for now they are a vehicle for the big man in red to fill with treats, but some day, when they are all grown up, they will have them to remember all those glorious Christmas mornings.

My brother also loved his homemade hat and is putting it to good use on these snowy days.

Cute pics to follow next week when I am back in Boston. Merry Christmas to all!

No comments: