Saturday, October 10, 2009

A Revalation

So just now as I started working on my first sweater (a tiny little one for my niece), I realized why handmade gifts are so special... When you are working on a project for someone they are constantly on your mind. As I knit this adorable little red sweater I keep smiling as I picture my little niece Madison wearing it.

I had the same pleasant thoughts about my brother as I worked on his socks.

So, yes I could buy 2 sweaters for Maddie with the $$ I spent on fabulous bamboo/wool yarn, but I would be done with the transaction in 5 minutes. This project will keep me smiling over her sweet little face for hours and days.

2 comments:

3goodrats said...

And she will think of you ever time she wears it!

Amy said...

OMG! Yes - I know what you mean, I am making my cousin's baby's Christmas Stocking and I am so ridiculously excited at the thought that she'll have it forever and that I woul dhave made it...it's just so awesome that we can make these things for the ones we love!